Achicha Ede is a delicacy which has coco yam as the main ingredient. It is a common food eaten by the igbo people. its a coco yam pottage prepared with dried coco yam flakes and is often served with African salad.
If you have been to enugu state in southeast Nigeria and haven’t tasted achicha ede then i dont know how you must survived without this delicacy.
Nigerian pumpkin leaves (ugu) or Spinach
1. Rinse the cocoyam flakes (which you must have soaked overnight) and crush into pieces.
2. Wrap the crushed cocoyam flakess, ede with uma leaves, banana leaves or aluminium foil and cook in a pot with some water for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. While that is cooking, rinse and chop the ugu or spinach, scent leaves, onions and peppers.
4. When the cassava flakes is soft, remove from the pot and set aside.
5. In another pot heat up the palm oil. When the oil is hot, fry the onions for 3 minutes.
Add the ukpaka and pepper and fry for another 3 minutes.
6. Add the chopped leafy vegetable and stir till it heats up.
When the content of the pot heats up, add the cooked cassava flakes, stir very well and add salt to taste. and its done.