There have been a massive explosion in Lebanon’s capital Beirut Today, Tuesday August 4.
The blast released a shockwave causing widespread damage to buildings and shattering windows in different parts of the city.
The Beirut explosion was reportedly caused by highly explosive sodium nitrate confiscated from a ship more than a year ago and were placed in one of the warehouses located in the port.
Director-General of the Lebanese Public Security: What happened in Beirut is not a fireworks explosion, but a high-explosive material that was confiscated for years.
Lebanese government declares a day of national mourning tomorrow for the victims of Beirut port explosion.
Local TV stations reported the blast was at Beirut’s port inside an area where firecrackers were stored, while an Associated Press photographer near Beirut’s port said he witnessed people wounded on the ground and widespread destruction in central Beirut.
Aftermath of explosion in Lebanon’s capital Beirut.
Ports, Buildings were damaged by the massive explosion in Beirut. Injured people were seen lying on the ground as hospitals called for blood donations. The exact number of casualties is not know.
Watch Video Below:
- Qatar will send field hospitals to Beirut .
- Turkish presidency says it is ready to help in anyway Lebanon needs.
- Israel officials: We have nothing to do with it.
- White House/CENTCOM/StateDep: Following the incident with a great concern .
- Cyprus puts all its capabilities to Lebanese government in a phone.
- Hezbollah: Our arms depot weren’t targeted.
- Director of Rizk Hospital: More than 400 injured people arrived in the hospital due to the explosion of Beirut Port.