Popular Wrestler James Harris known as Kamala has been confirmed dead on Sunday at age 70.
“The CAC family wishes to extend our sincerest condolences to the family friends and fans the world over upon the news that the legendary James “Kamala” Harris has passed away at the age of 70. Rest in Peace James.”, The CauliflowerAlleyClub said in a tweet on the death of the Ugandan Giant.
The cause of his death is unclear. Harris has however been suffering from different health issues before his demise.
WWE also made a statement after his death:
“WWE is saddened to learn that James Harris, known to WWE fans as Kamala, has passed away at age 70.
“Under the frightening face paint of Kamala, the 6-foot-7, 380-pound Harris battled the greatest Superstars in sports-entertainment history, including Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker and Andre the Giant. He terrorized opponents and thrilled audiences in Mid-South, World Class Championship Wrestling, WCW and WWE until 2006. WWE extends its condolences to Harris’ family, friends and fans.”
Lets Get To Know More Kamala Below:
- Kamala was well known in the 1980s and 1990s. He best known for his portrayal of the savage African warrior “Kamala, the Ugandan Giant.
- James Harris was born in Senatobia, Mississippi, on May 28, 1950.
- Harris was trained by Bobo Brazil In Florida after he flee from his home town for stealing.
- Kamala gained the Southern Heavyweight championship after he defeated Memphis legend “King” Jerry Lawler.
- Kamala retired in 2006.
- On November 7, 2011, Harris had his left leg amputated below the knee due to complications of high blood pressure and diabetes.
- The Great Kamala died on August 9, 2020 at aged 70.
- Kamala’s Net Worth is $3Million.