Connect with us

News

Man accidentally swallow whole Covid-19 testing swab stick

Published

on

Man accidentally swallow whole Covid-19 testing swab stick

A man while been tested for covid-19 has accidentally swallowed the entire swab stick.

The man went over to Hull Royal Infirmary after he inhaled the entire six inch plastic stick and attached cotton bud.

It is unclear whether the patient was trying to test himself or had swallowed the stick after visiting a testing station, reports HullLive.

The hospital said they were “unable to comment”after the incident on Tuesday.

In Albuquerque, US, a man being tested at a drive-thru clinic, had to swallow his swab when part of the stick snapped as he was being tested by a nurse.

Also Check  Obinna Anumba: Nigerian Man Mourns Friend Who Died Of Covid-19 In Rivers

“She stuck it in my left nostril and she was counting to ten and somewhere between six and eight I heard it snap,” he said.

“But I thought it was something the device is supposed to be doing, and then she pulled out the stem and the rest of it didn’t come out.”

After visiting a local hospital, nursing staff said they believed he had swallowed it.

“Hopefully through biological processes it will come loose,”Mr Skidmore said.

Also Check  "Eating Amala Doesn't Cure Coronavirus" - Kwara State Government

He added that he doesn’t want to discourage anyone from getting tested and that his situation was a freak accident. reports KOB.

Hey, I'm Victor and I'm freelance content writer and blog writer.

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

%d bloggers like this: