A 47-year-old fake lawyer has been arrested while he was defending a case in court in Ogun State.
Tajudeen Olufemi Idris was caught on Friday, by the police in Ogun State for allegedly parading himself as a legal practitioner.
Before his arrest, Idris appeared before Chief Magistrate I. A. Arogundade in a civil case between one Ifeanyi Chuckwu and Ayo Itori — He allegedly claimed to be a counsel from Tajudeen O. Idris & Co. Chambers and was representing one of the parties. The Ogun State Police Spokesperson, Abimbola Oyeyemi revealed.
Oyeyem added: “His conduct and presentation before the Chief magistrate rose suspicious about his qualification as a lawyer and this prompted the Chief Magistrate to ask him of the year he was called to the bar, which he claimed to be 2009.”
“But further enquiry revealed that his name is nowhere to be found amongst those called to bar in 2009, hence, police were notified.”
The state Commissioner of Police, Edward Ajogun, expressed concern over the increase in the number of fake lawyers swindling people of their hard-earned money as no fewer than five cases of fake lawyers had been reported since his assumption of office less than two months ago.
- Video: Mohbad ft. Naira Marley, Lil Kesh – Ponmo Sweet
- Reactions as Fashola discovers mystery camera at Lekki Toll Gate (video)
- LIVE: Oba of lagos palace on fire, staff of office stolen (videos)
- LIVE: Mushin Police DPO Gbakoje shoots #endsars protesters, 13 dead
- I was paid 500 naira to attack #endsars protesters – Thug (video)