You are not the only one. There have been several reports of suspicious and unauthorized Prime video charge on credit card and bank statement. We will be writing a short review about the charges.
Continue reading below to learn more.
Prime video charge on credit card
Amazon Prime Video, also known simply as Prime Video, is an American subscription video-on-demand over-the-top streaming and rental service provided by Amazon that is available as a standalone service or as part of the Amazon Prime subscription.
You are most likely seeing the Prime video charge because you made a subscription to the service. If you did not make this payment, it is possible that someone else did, which could be an early sign of fraud or scam.
If you don’t recognize the charge, check to see if:
- An Amazon Prime membership or Prime Video subscription was renewed. For more information, go to Manage Your Prime Membership.
- A Prime Video Channel subscription was renewed. For more information, visit Your Orders to see subscription charges.
- An order has been placed by a child, spouse, friend, or coworker with access to your card number.
- Additional cards are associated with the credit or debit account.
- Check your Memberships & Subscriptions. You can find it in Account Settings>Manage Memberships & Subscriptions.
If none of these situations explain the charges, contact Customer Service Associates and have the following information on hand:
- Complete credit card number for any cards associated with the account showing the charge. Note: Unless they specifically request it, don’t send these details to them in chats or emails.
- Amount of the charge.
- Your name, email address, and telephone number.
What to do if you didn’t authorize the Prime video charge
If you did not authorize the charge and the customer could not trace the charge, you could be the victim of credit card fraud. You must immediately notify your card issuer by calling the number on the back of your card or logging into your online credit card account.
Your credit card company will most likely cancel your card and send you a new one. You will not be held liable for the unauthorized charges.
Be aware that fraudsters frequently conduct a small dollar transaction to see if a card is active. They begin selling the numbers on the black market after receiving approval. Minor unauthorized purchases are frequently an indication that the card has been compromised, so you should lock your card right away.